A user may be displayed in your friend recommendations because:
• They have your phone number saved in their contacts and are also using LINE (but you don't have their number in your contacts).
• They knew your LINE ID and added you by searching for it on LINE.
• They were in a group or multi-person chat with you, and added you from the member list.
• A friend of yours sent your contact info to them in a chat, and they added you.
Note: If your contact information was shared, the user will only be able to see your LINE display name, profile photo, and status message.
• They added you using the URL in an invite email, or using your QR code.
If a user from your friend recommendations added you as a friend, the method they used will appear in the following cases:
• They added you using your phone number.
• They added you using your QR code.
• They added you using your LINE ID.
The way a user added you will not be displayed in the following cases:
• They were in a group with you and added you from it.
• They got your contact info from another one of your friends and added you.
If you have “Auto-add friends” turned on, and someone in your contacts is displayed under your friend recommendations, it means they have the following settings configured:
Auto-add friends: ON
Allow others to add me: OFF
The name that appears for a user under your friend recommendations is the name they set on LINE. If an unfamiliar name appears under your friend recommendations, the only way to confirm who they are is to ask them directly.
Thank you for your feedback.
Was this page helpful?