We recommend the following system specifications for using LINE.
• iOS: 10.0 or later
Note: LINE cannot be newly installed on earlier versions of iOS. However, earlier iOS versions are compatible with the versions of LINE listed below:
- iOS versions earlier than 8.0: LINE version 6.7.0
- iOS versions 8.0 and earlier than 9.0: Up to LINE version 7.16.0
- iOS versions 9.0 and earlier than 10.0: Up to LINE version 8.13.0
• Android: 5.0 or later
Note: Android OS versions between 4.4 and 4.4.4 can only use LINE up to version 9.10.2. With Android versions earlier than 4.4, LINE cannot be installed from Google Play Store. If you are using an app store provided by your device manufacturer or mobile service provider, you can use up to the following versions of LINE:
- Between Android versions 4.1 and 4.3.1: Up to LINE version 8.11.0.
- Between Android versions 4.0.3 and 4.0.4: Up to LINE version 7.2.2.
• Windows 7 and later
• Mac OS X 10.10 or later
• Chrome browser version 42 or later
Use the Chrome version of LINE with the following OSes.
- Windows: 7 and later
- Mac: OS X 10.9 and later
- Chrome OS
• iPad 4 or later (iOS 10.0 or later)
• Android Wear: Android OS 4.3 or later
• Apple Watch: watchOS 4 or later
Note: New accounts cannot be created on smartwatches.
LINE is not supported on the devices below:
- iPod touch
- SmartTV BOX
- Fire OS devices such as Kindle
- PHS devices
- Simulators/emulators (virtual environments)
- Android tablets
- Devices with a custom OS
Thank you for your feedback.
Was this page helpful?