We recommend the following system specifications for using LINE:
• iOS devices
Devices running iOS 8.0 or later
Note: Devices running a version of iOS earlier than 8.0 can use LINE up to version 6.7.0.
• Android devices
Devices running Android OS 4.0.3 or later
Note: Devices running a version of Android OS earlier than 2.3.0 can use LINE up to version 4.5.4. Devices running a version of Android OS earlier than 4.0.3 can use LINE up to version 5.1.4.
• Windows Phone
OS 7.5 or later
OS 5, 6, 7
Note: OS 10 is not supported.
Asha (Excepting some device models)
OS 1.1 or later
OS 2.4 or later
• Feature phone (non-smartphone mobile phones)
DoCoMo, Softbank, au
Note: Only available for use in Japan.
Windows Vista 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32/64 bit)
Note: Windows XP can be used, although it is not a recommended OS.
10.7 Lion - 10.11 El Capitan
- If you are using 10.8 Mountain Lion, please go to Settings > Security & Privacy, then select Anywhere under Allow applications downloaded.
- The Video Call and video playing features cannot be used with 10.6 Snow Leopard.
• Windows 8
Windows 8.0, 8.1 (x86, x64, ARM)
Note: You cannot create a new account with Windows 8.0 or 8.1.
• Windows 10
Chrome browser version 42 or later
- Windows: Vista or later (32/64 bit)
- Mac: 10.7 Lion or later
- Chrome OS
Note: Windows XP and Chromium OS can be used, but they are not recommended OSes.
iPad 2 or later (iOS 7 or later)
• Apple Watch
Watch OS 1.0 or later
- You cannot create a new account on Apple Watch.
- Please check to make sure the iPhone you are using for pairing is updated to iOS 9 or later.
• Android Wear
Android OS 4.3 or later
Note: You cannot create a new account on Android Wear devices.
The following devices are not supported:
- iPod touch
- SmartTV BOX
- Fire OS for Kindle, etc.
- PHS devices
- Simulators/ emulators (virtual environments)
Thank you for your feedback.
Was this page helpful?