How chats work/Using chats
Get more out of chats
You can change your pop-up notification settings by following the steps below.
To show/hide message previews in pop-up notifications:
1. Tap the Home/Friends or More tab > Settings > Notifications.
2. Tap Message previews to turn the setting ON or OFF.
If you're viewing this article on your smartphone, tap here to go to the Notifications screen.
To configure how and where pop-up notifications appear:
1. On your device, tap Settings > Notifications.
2. Tap LINE in your list of apps.
3. Adjust the settings you want to change.
1. Go to the More or "..." tab > Settings > Notifications > Additional Services.
2. Select the app you wish to configure notification settings for.
3. Select whether to Receive Messages and Receive Notifications.
1. Go to the More or "..." tab > Settings > Notifications
2. Tap Mute, then select "Mute for 1 hour" or "Mute until 8 AM."
To enable notifications again, tap Mute again and select Un-mute.
Voice/video call issues
You and your friend may have trouble hearing each other in calls if:
• You are connected to a Wi-Fi network accessible by the general public. (We recommend using a 3G or 4G network.)
• You are updating apps, or uploading or downloading files.
• The signal is weak.
• Some router settings are affecting your connection.
To resolve the issue, please try the following (along with your friend):
1. Update the app to the latest version here.
2. Restart your device.
3. Turn your speaker off and on again, and try adjusting the volume.
4. Turn on "Receive Voice Calls" in LINE. For more information, see here.
5. If you're an iOS user, check the Microphone settings. For more information, see here.
Making voice/video calls
LINE Out issues
LINE Out purchasing/payment issues
Contact us via this Inquiry Form.
LINE Out call issues
LINE Out basics
LINE Out fees/payment
There is no basic monthly charge for LINE Out; you pay only for the calls you make.
However, as with any other app, using LINE Out will use your data packets. Depending on your price plan, you may also be charged each time you connect to LINE. For this reason, we recommend using a flat-rate data plan.
If you're using a flat-rate data plan, you generally will not be charged additional fees when you use LINE Out on a 3G, LTE, or Wi-Fi network. For more details, please check with your mobile service provider.
You can check detailed LINE Out call rates using one of the methods listed below.
Note: LINE Out call rates do not change, no matter where the caller is in the world.
• Visit the official LINE Out page
• Check the LINE Out keypad:
Entering a phone number into the LINE Out keypad will display the cost of your call per minute.
• Check the settings screen in the LINE app:
1. Tap the Friends or More tab > Settings.
2. Tap LINE Out > Price table.
Tap here to go to LINE Out Settings on your smartphone.
You can delete your LINE Out account by deleting your LINE account. Doing so will delete all of your data (purchase history, purchased items, charge history, LINE Credit balance, etc.) on the LINE app and on LINE STORE. This data can't be restored once it's deleted, so please make sure you really want to delete your account.