- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- Android Lite
If you are not receiving a verification SMS, it may be due to the following.
1. The phone number was entered incorrectly.
2. Depending on the circumstances of your mobile provider, your reception may be weak.
If you have not received an SMS after ten minutes, please try requesting another verification SMS from the Resend Verification Code Form.
To contine using your existing LINE account after changing to a new device, you need to have registered an email address on your previous device.
Data that can be carried over
- Friends and Groups lists
- Paid, free and gifted stickers
Data that cannot be carried over
- Paid item purchase history (excluding paid stickers)
- Remaining Coin balance
Steps to carry over your account
1. From the Login screen tap "Log in"
2. Enter the email address and password you registered on your previous device and tap OK
You cannot log in with Facebook on LINE.
Using LINE on Multiple Devices
You cannot use the same LINE account on multiple devices. Only one phone number and email address can be verified on each device. If you verify the same phone number on another device, the account on your previous device will automatically be deleted and you will no longer be able to access it.
You can access the same account you use on your smartphone, using the PC version of LINE.
You can download the PC version of LINE from via the following URL.
LINE for PC
LINE accesses information on a device's contacts list to make it easy for users to find their friends. Only phone numbers and email addresses from your contacts list will be transferred to our servers. All information is encrypted. Please follow the steps below if you would like us to use your contacts list to help you easily find friends on LINE.
1. On the registration screen, select "Auto Add Friends" and "Allow Others to Add" option
2. Tap the settings icon > Friends > select "Auto Add Friends"
LINE will add mutual contacts to your Friends list automatically. If only one of you has the other as a contact, the one who has the contact information will be added to the other's Friend Recommendations list, while the other will be added to the Friends list.
Your phone number, and other information obtained from your contacts list (phone numbers and email addresses) will not be disclosed and will be protected as follows:
1. Your contact information will be used only if you agree to the terms & conditions of LINE when signing up. The Terms of Service describes when and how LINE will use your personal information.
2. If you agree to allow LINE to find your friends, the phone numbers and mobile email addresses in your contacts list will be sent to our servers.
At this time, the contact information will be encrypted and securely transferred to our server.
3. We use encrypted text when comparing your information with existing user information.
We recommend the following system specifications for using LINE:
• iOS devices
Devices running iOS 8.0 or later
Note: Devices running a version of iOS earlier than 8.0 can use LINE up to version 6.7.0.
• Android devices
Devices running Android OS 4.0.3 or later
Note: Devices running a version of Android OS earlier than 2.3.0 can use LINE up to version 4.5.4. Devices running a version of Android OS earlier than 4.0.3 can use LINE up to version 5.1.4.
• Windows Phone
OS 7.5 or later
OS 5, 6, 7
Note: OS 10 is not supported.
Asha (Excepting some device models)
OS 1.1 or later
OS 2.4 or later
• Feature phone (non-smartphone mobile phones)
DoCoMo, Softbank, au
Note: Only available for use in Japan.
Windows Vista 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32/64 bit)
Note: Windows XP can be used, although it is not a recommended OS.
10.7 Lion - 10.11 El Capitan
- If you are using 10.8 Mountain Lion, please go to Settings > Security & Privacy, then select Anywhere under Allow applications downloaded.
- The Video Call and video playing features cannot be used with 10.6 Snow Leopard.
• Windows 8
Windows 8.0, 8.1 (x86, x64, ARM)
Note: You cannot create a new account with Windows 8.0 or 8.1.
• Windows 10
Chrome browser version 42 or later
- Windows: Vista or later (32/64 bit)
- Mac: 10.7 Lion or later
- Chrome OS
Note: Windows XP and Chromium OS can be used, but they are not recommended OSes.
iPad 2 or later (iOS 7 or later)
• Apple Watch
Watch OS 1.0 or later
- You cannot create a new account on Apple Watch.
- Please check to make sure the iPhone you are using for pairing is updated to iOS 9 or later.
• Android Wear
Android OS 4.3 or later
Note: You cannot create a new account on Android Wear devices.
The following devices are not supported:
- iPod touch
- SmartTV BOX
- Fire OS for Kindle, etc.
- PHS devices
- Simulators/ emulators (virtual environments)
To use the PC version of LINE, you need to register an email address on the smartphone (or tablet) version of LINE. You cannot register as a new user from the PC version.
1. Refer to the following to register your email address on your smartphone
2. Download LINE on your PC from the following link.
3. Log in to the PC version of LINE using the email address and password registered in step 1