A conversion occurs when a user clicks on an ad delivered with LINE Ads and is taken to a website with a conversion code, after which a LINE tag is triggered.
Ad clicks are confirmed based on visitor cookies. If there is a click within the tracking period (30 days for conversion codes), it will be counted as a valid conversion.
- Conversion code tracking results are displayed in the CV field on the Ad manager dashboard.
- You can set an attribution period of 1 to 180 days for custom conversions.
- Tracking may not be accurate depending on OS versions and expiration dates for cookies.
Custom conversion tracking
Custom conversions are especially useful in the following cases:
• You want to set a conversion point in a place other than where the conversion code is inserted.
• You want to track conversions based on URLs and custom events.
• You want to flexibly change expiration dates.
To create a custom conversion:
1. From the top page, click the Ad accounts tab > the ad account you want to create a custom conversion for.
2. Click the menu icon at the top left of the Ad manager screen > Conversions under Reports and figures.
3. Click + New custom conversion, fill out the fields, and click Save.
- On the list of custom conversions, "Last contact" shows the date and time when conversions were last tracked.
- You can set an attribution period of 1 to 180 days.
Specify a single URL/keyword, or use OR/AND rules to add multiple values.
Note: URLs/keywords including asterisks or wildcards cannot be used.
<Tracking with conversion rules>
Examples using "URL A" and "URL B"
• Using OR: You can track users who visited either URL A or URL B.
• Using AND: Tracking is not possible. (You cannot track the number of users who visited both URL A and URL B.)
Examples using "Keyword A" and "Keyword B"
• Using OR: You can track users who visited a URL that contains either Keyword A or Keyword B.
• Using AND: You can track users who visited a URL that contains both Keyword A and Keyword B.
The names of any active event codes will appear in the drop-down menu. (Event rules will only appear for custom event codes that have already been inserted). Select the event that you want to use as a conversion point.
Note: The event rule "Conversion" refers to your conversion code.
- You can see the tracking results for custom conversions in your performance report.
- Conversion codes are valid for 30 days by default. You can set an expiration date of your choice from 1 to 180 days when you select Conversion.
- You can create up to 100 custom conversions; however, after a conversion has been created you can only edit/delete the name and description. If you don't want to use a custom conversion, change the status to Pause.
- When you pause a custom conversion, its status will not change to Pause immediately, and it may still show up as Active immediately after.
To track events (e.g. number of app installs, number of times the app is opened), you need to use the SDK tracking linked with LINE Ads.
The linked SDK you can use is Ads measurements partner. You can track 11 types of events (e.g. installs, app launches). After registering your app on LINE Ad Manager, set the ID and Ad account ID that were issued in the app on your SDK.
To set app conversion tracking:
1. From the top page, click the Ad accounts tab > the ad account you want to track app conversions for.
2. Click the menu icon at the top left of the Ad manager screen > Media under Shared library.
3. Click the App tab > + Add app, then select the OS, enter the app name and store URL, and click OK.
4. Register the ID and Ad account ID that were issued to the app you added to your SDK.
5. Enter the tracking URL issued in your SDK as the destination on LINE Ad Manager.