You can use Google Pay on Android OS devices that are:
• Equipped with NFC Felica
• Running Android OS version 5.0 or later
You also need to download the latest version of the Google Pay app, and version 6.1.5 or later of the おサイフケータイ(R) (Osaifu-Keitai app).
- You cannot use the service on a device that doesn't have the Google Pay app installed. (You can still sign up for the service.)
- おサイフケータイ(R) (Osaifu-Keitai) is a registered trade mark of NTT DOCOMO, INC.
You can use Google Pay at QUICPay+ merchants all over Japan.
See here for a list of stores that accept QUICPay+ payments.
Note: Google Pay can only be used with QUICPay+ merchants, and not with regular QUICPay merchants.
You can add your LINE Pay card to Google Pay using one of the methods below.
To add your card from LINE Pay:
1. From the LINE Pay main menu, tap QUICPay.
2. Follow the on-screen guidance.
To add your card from the Google Pay app:
Go to this Google Pay Help page (only for Android or PC) and follow the on-screen guidance to add your card.
Note: You'll need to enter your LINE Pay passcode.
Once you've finished adding your card, check the Google Pay app to make sure it was set as the default card.
If you can't add your card to Google Pay, please check the following:
• Can you use your LINE Pay account and card without any issues?
• Do you meet all the requirements for using Google Pay?
• Was any information entered incorrectly?
• Are there any issues with your network connection?
• Are you logged in to your Google account on your Android device?
- You can only register a LINE Pay card/virtual card to Google Pay if the card number appears at the top of the LINE Pay main menu on the device you want to use.
- If you can't add your card from LINE Pay, try adding it from the Google Pay app.
If you've checked all of the items above and still can't add your card, delete it from Google Pay, wait one to two days, and then try adding it again.
Please refer to this Google Pay Help page if a problem occurs with the Google Pay app.
Yes, you can! However, please keep in mind that you can only set one default card on your device. If you can't set a default on Google Pay, please delete the default card from the other wallet app you're using, and then set the default card on Google Pay.
If you have multiple cards registered on Google Pay, payments will be made with the card that shows up as your ""QUICPay default"" card.
To make payments using your LINE Pay balance, your LINE Pay card must be set as the QUICPay default card.
Also, you cannot use Google Pay to make payments if:
• You have an insufficient balance.
• The store is not a QUICPay+ merchant.
• The total amount exceeds your spending limit.
• The LINE Pay administrator suspended your account.
• Your LINE Pay account was deactivated.
You can make sure no one else uses your Google Pay account by deactivating your LINE Pay card.
To deactivate your LINE Pay card:
1. From the LINE Pay main menu, tap Settings > LINE Pay Card.
2. Enter your passcode > Turn Use Card OFF.
3. Tap OK on the popup message.
If you're not able to complete the steps above, please contact us via the Inquiry Form.
To keep using Google Pay after changing devices, first transfer your LINE account to your new device by reinstalling the LINE app and selecting Log in. Your LINE Pay information will also be transferred automatically.
Finally, open LINE Pay and add your card to Google Pay again, or add your LINE Pay card in the Google Pay app.
For more information about changing devices, please see this Help article.