If all of your friends have stopped appearing
You may have minimized your friend list. Please tap the light gray bar that says "Friends (number)" on the Friends tab to display them all again.
If only some of your friends have stopped appearing
It may be for one of the following reasons:
• They deleted their accounts
• You blocked, hid, or deleted their accounts
For the steps to unblock an account, see here.
For the steps to unhide an account, see here.
Note: You cannot undo deleting a friend. In this case, please add them again.
If your friends and groups disappeared after transferring your account, see this Help article.
How friends work/Add friends
This feature applies to LINE version 5.6.0 or later.
To exclude certain friends from being automatically added:
• Add a # in front of their name in your contacts list. Be sure to enter # as a half-width character (E.g. #John Smith).
• Have friends added automatically from Settings.
Please be aware of the following:
• Friends who are already added as friends on LINE will not be deleted, even if you add a # in front of their name.
• If you add a # in front of the name of a friend who is already added, the name they set on LINE will appear.
If you wish to only add a few friends from your contacts list, you can do so by searching for their phone numbers.
Note: Tap here to open the Settings menu from your smartphone.
If you don't want to be automatically added as a friend by someone who has your phone number, follow the steps below.
Note: These steps will not affect existing friends.
1. Go to the Home tab > Settings.
2. Tap Friends.
3. Turn OFF Allow Others to Add.
Tap here to open the Settings menu from your smartphone.