1. Update your LINE app from the URL below.
2. Restart your device.
3. Go back to the list of chats, then open the chat you are having problems with again.
Please note that sometimes it may take a while for a chat message to show up after you receive the notification.
By tapping the thumbnail received in a chat, you can save the image in your LINE app. To save it in the default gallery app on your device, please tap Save after opening the image.
Images saved in the LINE app will become unavailable if you delete the app's cache using a cache clearing app.
For problems with images, videos, and audio messages, please try the following.
1. Close all running apps.
2. Restart your device.
3. Update your LINE app from the URL below.
4. Update your OS.
5. Delete any unneeded apps and data on your device.
If you're experiencing another issue with group chats, please try the following troubleshooting tips:
• Update the LINE app here.
• Restart your device.
• Go back to your chat list and reopen the chat room you're having issues with.
We respect your privacy above all else, and your sent/received messages and other information are treated with the highest level of security. LINE has established strict internal rules to ensure that your messages are protected.
Nothing you send or receive can be viewed by LINE or any third parties not participating in a chat.
How chats work/Using chats
Transferring your chat history to a new device running the same OS
Transferring your chat history to a new device running a different OS
If you've already set a backup PIN, open LINE on your old device and tap the Home tab > Settings > Chat history backup under Backup and transfer > Backup PIN and display your backup PIN.
To delete all of the data from your chats1. Tap the Home tab > Settings > Chats.
To delete data from individual chats1. Go to the Chats tab and tap the relevant chat > the menu icon > Other settings.
If you can't back up your chat history to iCloud or if you're transferring your account to a new device with a different OS, you can automatically transfer your history from the last 14 days by setting a backup PIN beforehand. See this Help article for details.
To block messages from LINE Game apps:
1. Go to the Home tab > Settings > Notifications > Authorized apps.
2. Tap the game you want to block messages from.
3. Turn off Messages and/or Notifications.
- If you turn off Messages, you will not receive messages but will continue to receive any gifts your friends send you.
- If you turn off Notifications, you will still receive LINE messages but will not be notified when they arrive.
Tap here to open the Authorized apps screen from your smartphone.
Get more out of chats
Anyone who has already been invited to a LINE Schedule event can invite more people.
Note: Up to 30 people can be invited at once.
To invite people to a LINE Schedule event:
1. Tap the LINE Schedule message in a chat.
2. Tap Invite.
3. Select a group or friends, then tap Invite > Send >OK.
To configure your general notification settings:1. Tap the Home tab > Settings > Notifications.
Note: Tap here to go to Notifications from your smartphone.
2. Turn Notifications ON.
3. Turn In-app sounds, In-app vibration, or any of the other settings ON or OFF as needed.
To configure your settings for incoming voice call notifications:1. Tap the Home tab > Settings > Calls.
Note: Tap here to go to Calls on your smartphone.
2. Turn Allow voice calls ON or OFF.
To configure your settings for chat notifications:1. Tap the menu icon at the top of the chat screen.
2. Tap Mute or Unmute.
To show/hide message previews in pop-up notifications:1. From the Home tab, tap Settings > Notifications.
Note: Tap here to go to LINE's Notification settings on your smartphone.
2. Turn the Message previews setting ON or OFF.
Note: The profile icons of users that send you messages will appear in pop-up notifications on iOS 15 or later with LINE version 11.18.0 or later. Turn Show profile icons off to hide user profile icons in pop-up messages.
To configure how and where pop-up notifications appear:1. On your device, tap Settings > Notifications.
2. Tap LINE in your list of apps.
3. Adjust the settings you want to change.
To configure your LINE VOOM notification settings:
1. Tap Voom > your icon at the top right of the screen > Settings.
2. Tap LINE VOOM notifications.
3. Turn All notifications ON or OFF.
Note: If you turn All notifications on, tap each item to configure its notification settings.
You can check your LINE VOOM notifications by tapping your icon at the top right of the LINE VOOM screen > Notifications.