• iOS: 14.0 or later
• Android: 7.0 or later
• Windows 10 or later
• Mac OS X 10.14 or later
• Chrome browser version 42 or later
Note: You cannot sign up for a new account with LINE for PC.
• iPadOS 14.0 or later
• Apple Watch: watchOS 7 or later
• Wear OS by Google (formerly Android Wear): LINE 12.3.0 or later; Android 7 or later; Wear OS 3.0 or later
Note: You cannot sign up for a new account on a smartwatch.
Although not recommended, you can use the following versions of LINE on older OSes.
Note: Some features cannot be used on older OSes.
• iOS 13.0 to 13.7: Up to LINE 12.4.0
• iOS 12.0 to 12.5.5: Up to LINE 11.17.0
• iOS 11.0 to 11.4.1: Up to LINE 10.17.0
• iOS 10.0 to 10.3.4: Up to LINE 9.16.1
Note: You cannot use the app with iOS 9.3.6 or earlier.
• Android OS 6.0 to 6.0.1: Up to LINE 11.15.0
• Android OS 5.0 to 5.1.1: Up to LINE 11.5.0
- You cannot use LINE with Android OS 4.4.4 or earlier.
- Even if you're using Android OS 7.0 or later, you may not be able to install LINE from the app store offered by your device manufacturer or mobile service provider in some cases.
• Windows 7 and 8: Up to LINE 6.7.0
LINE is not supported on the following devices:
• iPod touch
• SmartTV BOX
• Fire OS devices such as Kindle
• PHS devices
• Simulators/emulators (virtual environments)
• Android tablets
• Devices with a custom OS
The following versions of LINE can be used on PCs.
Note: The version you can use depends on your OS.
• LINE for Windows
• LINE for Chrome
• LINE for Mac
• LINE for Chrome
You can download LINE here.
Note: You need to download the Google Chrome browser to install LINE for Chrome.
Uninstalling or deleting the LINE app will not delete your account.
If you want to delete your account, read the following notes before trying the steps below.
Note: You can only delete your account from the PC version of LINE if you signed up for it on PC.
- Deleting your account will also delete all data such as your registered phone number on LINE, friends, groups, chat history, etc.
- Even if you reinstall LINE, you won’t be able to restore your data after deleting your account.
1. Log in from the PC version of LINE.
2. Click the settings icon > Settings.
3. Click Basic.
4. Click Delete Account at the bottom of the screen.
Note: If Delete Account doesn't appear, make the app full screen and try again.
To change your profile photo:
1. Click the settings icon > Settings.
2. Click Basic.
3. Click the camera icon on the lower right of your profile photo.
4. Click Select from My Computer.
5. Select the photo you want to set and click Open.
6. After cropping the photo, click OK.
Your registered email address cannot be changed on LINE for PC.
If you're only using LINE for PC
To change your email address, you will need to delete your current account and sign up for a new one.
Important: This will delete your friends and chat history.
If you're using LINE on both your smartphone and PC
You can change your email address from the LINE smartphone app. For the steps to change your email address, see this Help article.