You can add friends using one of the methods below.
To add a friend by searching for their LINE ID/phone number:
1. From the main menu, click Add friends > Search for friends.
2. Choose LINE ID or Phone number.
3. Enter the LINE ID/phone number of the friend you want to add in the search field and press Enter.
4. Click Add.
- If the person you want to add has turned off the Allow others to add me by ID setting on the smartphone version of LINE, they will not appear in ID search results.
- The friend you want to add will not appear in phone number search results if they have turned off the Allow others to add me setting in LINE.
To add a friend from your Friend recommendations:
1. From the main menu, click Add friends.
2. In the Friend recommendations list, click Add as friend next to the person you want to add.
To add a friend with a QR code:
1. Right-click the QR code image you received in a chat.
2. Click Scan QR code.
3. Click Add.
You can also send your QR code via email by opening the smartphone version of LINE and tapping the Home
tab > Add friends
> Invite. For more information, see the Help article for iOS
Note: You cannot display your own QR code with LINE for PC.
Let us know if we can make it better.