To use LINE Pay, you need to go to the More tab and tap LINE Pay, then enter the required information to sign up for LINE Pay in addition to your LINE account information (e.g., email address and password).
If you see the sign up screen when you tap the LINE Pay icon, it means that you are not registered to the service.
Signing Up and Leaving
You can delete your LINE Pay account from the Settings menu.
Please note that deleting your LINE Pay account will delete all of your LINE Pay usage history.
You will not be able to delete your LINE Pay account in the following cases.
- If you have a transaction in progress. You can delete your LINE Pay account after the transaction is completed.
- If your LINE Pay account is suspended. You can delete your account after reactivating it.
If you have forgotten your LINE Pay passcode or lost your smartphone, you will not be able to delete the account yourself. Please contact us here, and inform us that you wish to have your account deleted.
We will assist you based on your situation.
If you wish to delete your account instead of deactivating it, please see this article.
To do so, install LINE on your new device, and perform “LINE User Login” to carry over your LINE account and with it, your LINE Pay account information.
Please see this article for the detailed carry over procedure.
However, you will not be able to use LINE Pay in the following cases.
1. If you carry over your LINE account to a device operating on an OS not supported by LINE Pay.
Please note that all OSes except iOS and Android are not supported, including BlackBerry, Nokia, and Windows Phone.
2. If you carry over your LINE account using a phone number from a different country as before.
Please delete your LINE Pay account before changing to the new device in the above cases. Please see this article for the detailed account deletion procedure.
LINE Pay cannot be used on multiple devices at the same time.
For steps on how to sign up for LINE Pay, please refer to the following Help article based on the country or region you are using LINE in.
Adding and Withdrawing
After choosing a product from a merchant that accepts LINE Pay (such as LINE STORE), select LINE Pay as the payment method when checking out. Then select the card you wish to use on the LINE Pay payment screen on your device.
- You need to use your smartphone to complete the payment process.
- If you have not set a LINE Pay passcode, you must set one after selecting the payment method.
We plan for the number of merchants where you can use LINE Pay to continue to expand even more in the future. Please understand that the merchants which accept LINE Pay vary by country.
You will receive a message from the LINE Pay official account with the details of your LINE Pay transactions.
You can also go to LINE Pay > Settings > Credit Card Purchase History to see your purchase history.
If you made a payment without registering to LINE Pay, you can only check the transaction details in the message sent from the LINE Pay official account.
From the Settings menu, there are many features you can use including managing your credit card.
The following credit and debit cards are accepted:
VISA, MasterCard, JCB, American Express, and Diners.
Please note that depending on the merchant or country, some card types may not be accepted. Please note you cannot register a LINE Pay card.
If you are unable to add your card even though you have added all the information correctly, please check the following:
1. Does the card support online payments?
2. Can the card be used overseas?
3. Is the card a corporate card? (Corporate cards can be used on LINE Pay, but there may be restrictions on the type of merchants and online payments that they can be used for.)
If you need further clarification, please contact your card company.
If you receive a notice that says you have reached the maximum number of registration attempts, please see this article.
LINE Pay accepts five types of credit and debit cards: Visa, MasterCard, JCB, American Express, and Diners. You may not be able to use a card depending on the type of card, the country of issue, and the merchant.
- Visa and MasterCard: Accepted by all LINE Pay merchants
- JCB, American Express, and Diners: Accepted by a limited number of merchants.
Please note some merchants may have restrictions on JCB cards issued from South Korea.
We are working on a feature to display only the card types accepted by the merchant.
To ensure the safety of the service, users may add cards up to five times every seven days. If you exceed that limit, you will have to wait another seven days after adding the fifth card before you can add another one.
We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
If a payment failed to process when using LINE Pay on your smartphone, please try the following:
- Update LINE to the latest version.
- If with some apps or mobile browsers the payment screen does not display properly or closes midway, the payment will not be properly completed. In such a case, please select Continue on the payment pending screen that appears directly after making the payment. If the Continue button does not respond, please log in to LINE from the link on the bottom of the screen. After logging in to LINE and tapping the notification message that appears, the LINE Pay payment screen will appear. If the link to the login screen does not work, please use your device's browser such as Safari, or another browser such as Chrome.
- All payments need to be completed within 20 minutes. If more than 20 minutes have passed since you started making the payment, you will need to start over from the beginning.