LINE BITMAX lets you buy, sell, send, and lend crypto assets. You can also withdraw and deposit Japanese yen using your linked LINE Pay account.
For more information, see the following links. (Only available in Japanese.)
To open a LINE BITMAX account, follow the steps below.
Note: You need a LINE Pay Money account to use the service.
1. From the Wallet tab on LINE, tap LINE BITMAX.
2. After reading and understanding the terms, tap Agree.
3. Register your information.
4. Choose an identity verification method and complete the process.
For information about changing to a LINE Pay Money account and verifying your identity, see the Help article and official blog post below.
Steps for verifying your identity (only available in Japanese)
Crypto assets are digital currencies that are protected by encryption technology.
Unlike the Japanese yen, US dollar, and other legal tender issued by a state, the value of crypto assets is not guaranteed by any specific authority.
Note: Laws and regulations regarding crypto assets vary by country.
For more information, please see this link.
Signing up for a LINE BITMAX account is totally free. However, designated fees will apply for certain uses of the service, such as making deposits and withdrawals.
For more information about the types of fees on LINE BITMAX, see this Help article.
See below for a list of the transaction fees on LINE BITMAX.
Deposits from your LINE Pay balance: No charge
Deposits via debit payments from bank accounts linked to LINE Pay: No charge
Transfer deposits from bank accounts: No charge
Note: There will be a fixed service charge for each bank.
Withdrawals to LINE Pay: JPY 110 (tax included)
Withdrawals to bank accounts: JPY 400 (tax included)
Fees for buying/selling crypto assets
There are no fees for buying and selling crypto assets on LINE BITMAX.
Fees for sending crypto assets
To LINE BITMAX wallets: No charge
To wallets at external exchanges: Fees will vary depending on the crypto asset, as indicated below.
• Bitcoin (BTC): 0.001
• Ethereum (ETH): 0.005
• Ripple (XRP): 0.15
• Bitcoin Cash (BCH): 0.001
• Litecoin (LTC): 0.001
Note: Sending/receiving LINK (LN) is not currently supported. (These features are being prepared for release in the future.)
Fees may differ from those noted above due to promotions or other events. For information on promotions, check out the LINE BITMAX official blog (only available in Japanese).
You can check the following assets by tapping Total assets.
• Total assets: Total value of My assets and Lent assets converted to Japanese yen
• My assets: Total value of your JPY balance and the crypto assets you own (including crypto assets you've applied to lend) converted to Japanese yen
• Lent assets: Total value of the crypto assets that you've lent to LINE BITMAX converted to Japanese yen
• JPY: Your balance of Japanese yen in LINE BITMAX
• LINK(LN): Your LINK balance
• Bitcoin(BTC): Your Bitcoin balance
• Ethereum(ETH): Your Ethereum balance
• Ripple(XPR): Your Ripple balance
• Bitcoin Cash(BCH): Your Bitcoin Cash balance
• Litecoin(LTC): Your Litecoin balance
To use LINE BITMAX, you must:
• Be at least 20 years of age (when you sign up) and younger than 75.
• Have a registered LINE Pay Money account.
• Currently reside in Japan.
LINE BITMAX Wallet is a wallet service that lets you manage your digital assets. You can use it to send digital assets to friends on LINE or to other wallet services.
Note: Your digital assets include your tokens from various services and game items.
For more information about LINE BITMAX Wallet, see here.
LINE BITMAX lets you buy, sell, and transfer crypto assets from the LINE app. See this Help article for details.
LINE BITMAX Wallet
LINE BITMAX Wallet is a wallet service that lets you manage your digital assets. For more information, see this Help article.