You can sell items (e.g. stickers, emoji, themes) on LINE STORE, the Sticker Shop, and the Theme Shop in countries where LINE is available.
Note: Exceptions apply to some countries.
If you want to limit the countries an item is available in, select Sale Region on the item registration screen > Distribute in some available regions or Sell only in selected regions, then choose the countries where you want to sell your item.
- Creators Market items were at first only available in Indonesia, Japan, Taiwan, and Thailand; however, their availability was expanded from June 23, 2014.
- Items that were previously set to Distribute in all available regions have automatically been changed to Distribute in some available regions.
You can choose the price for each of your items (stickers, emoji, or themes) from the options listed below.
The payment methods available will vary depending on where your items are purchased.
- Select the image to enlarge it.
- Prices may change due to factors like sales tax revisions. For the latest prices, check LINE STORE or the Sticker Shop/Theme Shop in the LINE app.
The currency conversion rate for purchases made with LINE Coins is determined by LINE Corporation, and may vary depending on when the purchase was made.
Note: Earnings for currencies other than JPY may contain fractions due to currency conversion rates.
For purchases made up to April 30, 2015: 1 Coin = JPY 1.47
For purchases made from May 1, 2015: 1 Coin = JPY 1.76
To change the price of an item (sticker set, emoji, or theme) before putting it on sale:
1. Click Price Tier on the Manage Items screen that appears after you submit a new item.
2. Choose the price you want to set, then click Save.
To change the price of an item that is under review:
1. From Manage Items, click the item you want to change the price of.
2. Click Price Tier, then choose the price you want to set.
3. Click Save.
Even after your item has been approved, you can set a different price for it any time before it goes on sale.
To change the price of an item that is already on sale:
1. From Manage Items, select the item you want to change the price of.
2. Select Stop Sale at the top right to stop selling the item.
Note: To change the price of items already on sale, you need to first temporarily suspend their sale.
3. Select Price Tier, choose the price you want to set, then select Save.
4. Select Re-Open Sales to start selling the item again.
Note: The Re-Open Sales button becomes active three hours after you have suspended the sale of an item.
When you change the price of an item that is on sale, please be aware of the following:
• Once you suspend the sale of an item, you cannot put it on sale again for three hours.
• A countdown will begin, telling you how much longer you have to wait before you can select the Re-Open Sales button.
• After the countdown finishes, a notification saying "You can re-open sales for this content now" appears, and the Re-Open Sales button becomes active.
• Stopping the sale of an item will automatically change its LINE Stickers Premium setting to Not interested. If you want to participate in LINE Stickers Premium again, re-open sales for the item, go to Product Details, and select Join for LINE Stickers Premium.
• Once you change an item's price, you cannot change it again until 24 hours have passed after selecting Re-Open Sales.
• If a user purchases an item and is charged the old price due to a problem with their app or other issue, the sales amount will be calculated based on the old price.
If you'd like your items to only be available for a limited period, you can can stop selling them anytime.
Note: Please keep in mind that users who purchased your items will be able to continue using them even after you stop selling them.
If the items (stickers, emoji, or themes) you submitted for review have been approved, go to the Manage Items page to release them.
Your items will not go on sale until you click the Release button on My Page.
Note: It may take a few hours for your items to show up on the sales page.
If a user has a version of LINE older than when the creator submitted the theme for review, it will not appear in the Theme Shop for that user.
E.g. A creator submitted and started selling a theme with LINE version 5.9, however the theme will not appear for users on LINE version 5.8. Those users will be able to purchase the theme if they update the app to version 5.9.
Items (e.g. stickers, themes, emoji) cannot be distributed for free. You need to put them on sale and people need to purchase them before they can be used. Even if you are the one that created the items, you need to purchase them to use them.
- You can download the sticker sets you submit using the LINE Sticker Maker app after June 26, 2019 for free. (This only applies to Creators downloading their own sticker sets.)
- You cannot download your stickers for free if you submitted them in version 4.0 or above of the LINE Sticker Maker app with the Paid download with revenue shares setting enabled.
If you want to sell your stickers only to family or friends, please change the privacy settings.
You can download the sticker sets you submit using the LINE Sticker Maker app after June 26, 2019 for free. (This only applies to Creators downloading their own sticker sets.)
However, you cannot download your stickers for free if you submitted them in version 4.0 or above of the LINE Sticker Maker app with the Paid download with revenue shares setting enabled.
Once your stickers are available for sale, you can download them for free from the LINE Creators Market official account or the notice sent to your registered email address.
Note: It may take some time for the notice to arrive.
- We cannot refund accidental purchases of stickers that are available for free download.
- Anyone other than the creator who wants to download the relevant stickers still needs to purchase them.
The privacy settings allow you to control whether or not your stickers appear in the new release and popularity ranking lists.
If you change the privacy settings to Hide in LINE STORE/Sticker Shop, your stickers will not appear in the following places:
• The new or popular sticker lists
• Search results
• The Creators' Stickers page
Please be aware that anyone can still see and purchase your stickers by directly accessing the purchase page.
The purchase page for stickers can be accessed by one of the following methods:
• Go to Manage Items > select the stickers > access the Store page link.
• Tap or click on the hidden stickers after they have been posted in a chat room or on LINE VOOM (formerly Timeline).
• From the relevant item's Status screen in the app, tap STORE.
You can select how many stickers will be in one set from the options below.
Note: You cannot change the number of stickers in a set after you've submitted it for review.
• Stickers (non-animated), Custom stickers, and Big stickers: 8, 16, 24, 32, or 40
• Animated stickers, Message stickers, Pop-up stickers, and Effect stickers: 8, 16, or 24
For file names, image sizes, and other information on creating sticker images, see the Creation Guidelines below.
When requesting a review for stickers or emoji, you will need to read and agree to the Terms of Agreement. After reading and understanding the Terms, check the box next to I Agree.
Note: If you do not check I Agree, you won't be able to submit a request.
When using photographs, please remember:
If you use photos of characters, logos, or celebrities, please use the License Certificate, or attach documents with which we can confirm that you have the right to use said photos or have received permission from the right holder.
Custom stickers let users create unique stickers by entering their own names or other custom text in the blank caption. Anyone who purchases a sticker set can change the custom text as many times as they like.
Note: Users can only change the text in the area you made a caption style for.
Your "caption style" determines the character limit, font type/size, outline, and direction/alignment for the text users enter.
For more details, see the section about custom stickers in the Creation Guidelines.
The following sale region options are available:
• Sell only in Japan
• Sell only in Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan
• Sell only in Thailand
• Sell only in selected regions (excluding the countries above)
- The fonts you can choose depend on your selected sale region. This is to ensure that text can be displayed properly.
- You will not be able to select Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, or Thailand if you choose Sell only in selected regions.
- If you select Sell only in Japan, Sell only in Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan, or Sell only in Thailand when requesting an update, you cannot change or add a region later.
For more details, see the Creation Guidelines for Custom Stickers or Message Stickers.
After editing and saving text for your stickers, click Preview to see how it locks applied to your sticker set.
Note: The text will appear with the font type, direction, alignment, and other settings you chose on the Edit Message Styles screen.
On the preview screen, you can enter a caption within the set character limit and click Preview to see how it will appear in all of your stickers.
To adjust stickers after you've checked them on the preview screen, go back to the Edit Message Styles screen and edit the style settings.
Note: You cannot change the text in stickers on the preview screen.
For more details see the Creation Guidelines for Custom Stickers or Message Stickers.
Message stickers let users edit the sticker captions and add their own text. After purchasing a sticker set, users can change the caption text whenever they like.
For more details, see the section about message stickers under Creation Guidelines.
You can schedule the release of items that you want to make available for limited-time promotions.
After your items have been approved, click the Schedule Release button before the promotion's start date, and your items will automatically appear for sale in their respective shops once the promotion begins.
Note: You cannot make any edits to your items after they've been scheduled for release.
The sale of items that are offered in a limited-time promotion will automatically be stopped when the promotion period ends. The status of these items will become "Sales Stopped."
Note: You cannot sell multiple items with the same item ID.
For more information, see the details page of the promotion that you are participating in.
LINE Stickers Premium is a flat-rate subscription service that gives users access to a variety of creators' stickers, emoji, and themes without having to purchase them.
Selecting Join under the Product Details for your stickers, emoji, and themes will let LINE Stickers Premium subscribers use them as part of the service.
If you'd like to participate in LINE Stickers Premium, check the steps below.
Note: Join will be selected by default.
When submitting new stickers, emoji, or themes:
1. Select New Submission > Sticker, Emoji, or Theme.
2. Under Product Details, select whether or not to join the LINE Stickers Premium service.
3. Select Save > OK.
For stickers, emoji, or themes already available for sale:
1. Go to Manage Items and select the stickers, emoji, or theme you want to change the settings for > Edit.
2. Under Product Details, select whether or not to join the LINE Stickers Premium service.
3. Select Save > OK.
- The stickers, emoji, or theme can be updated after saving your settings.
- If you're just changing the LINE Stickers Premium setting, you can release the stickers, emoji, or theme without submitting them for review.
- If you edit anything other than the LINE Stickers Premium setting (e.g. Display Information; Tag Settings), you'll need to submit your content for review again.
• Even if you select Join on the Product Details screen, stickers, emoji, and themes that have been on the market for less than 180 days cannot be a part of the LINE Stickers Premium service.
• Changes to the LINE Stickers Premium setting will be applied the following month (GMT+9).
• If you participate in LINE Stickers Premium, be sure to include Indonesia, Japan, or Taiwan in your sales region.
• You cannot join LINE Creators Collaboration if you join LINE Stickers Premium.
• Stickers, emoji, and themes joining LINE Stickers Premium can still be sold as usual.
• Custom and message stickers are not supported by LINE Stickers Premium.
Changes to the LINE Stickers Premium setting will be applied on the 1st of the following month.
- Even if you select Join on the Product Details screen, stickers that have been on the market for less than 180 days cannot be a part of the LINE Stickers Premium service.
- If you change the setting to Not interested for a sticker set that is part of the LINE Stickers Premium service, the change will be applied on the first day of the following month. The sticker set will still be part of LINE Stickers Premium throughout the month the setting was changed.
- Please be aware that if you change the setting at the end of the month, it may take more time to be applied even if it is already the first of the following month.
The following items are supported in LINE Stickers Premium.
• Static stickers
• Animated stickers
• Big stickers
• Pop-up stickers
• Effect stickers
• Regular emoji
• Animated emoji
The items below are not supported in LINE Stickers Premium.
• Custom stickers
• Message stickers