You can earn LINE Points by participating in promotions.
Note: To get Points, you need to register a phone number to your LINE account. If you haven't registered a phone number, please tap the link below from your phone to register one.
To participate in a promotion:
On LINE, tap the Wallet or More tab > LINE Points and search for a promotion to participate in.
Each promotion has different conditions that have to be met. For information on these conditions, be sure to check out the details page for each promotion.
Note: Some promotions may end early.
There are two types of LINE Points: standard and limited-time.
Standard Points are valid for 180 days from the last day you received Points. The expiration date for limited-time Points differs depending on the promotion.
Please be aware that you'll lose your entire Point balance once it has expired. For more information, please refer to the following Help articles:
Note: Limited-time Points are only for use in Taiwan.
To check when your Points will expire, please follow the steps below:
1. From the main menu, go to More > LINE Points.
Note: Depending on the country where you registered your account, the location of the LINE Points icon may appear differently.
2. Tap the menu icon at the top of the screen > LINE Points History.
3. Check the "Valid till" date that appears under your Point balance.
If the country information of the device you are using is different from the country that you registered for LINE Points, you will be able to change your region settings. Please note that you can only change your region settings once every 30 days.
Please understand that LINE Points cannot be used across different regions. If you change your region settings, you will not be able to use LINE Points you have saved up to this point.
To change your region settings, please refer to the steps below.
1. From LINE, go to More and tap LINE Points.
2. Tap the settings icon at the top of the screen and tap Region Settings.
3. Check your Current Region and Region After Change and tap Change Region.
If you do not change your region, you will not be able to tap the Change Region button.
The LINE Points Notice account is an official account which will notify you when you acquire and use LINE Points. This makes it easier for LINE Points users to keep track of the Points they have earned and the items they have exchanged which are issued at a later date.
The LINE Points Notice official account cannot be blocked or deleted.
- Notifications can be turned off.
- You may not receive notifications in some cases.
Some advertisers use your device's built-in advertising identifier to send you personalized ads that are more relevant to you.
If you want to stop receiving ads based on your interests, you can limit advertisers from using these identifiers. Please see the links below for more details.
iOS users: Opt out of interest-based ads
Android users: Opt out of Ads Personalization
- It may take some time for changes to take effect after opting out of interest-based ads.
- You will still receive non-personalized ads.
The Automatic Exchange of Points for Coins
From LINE version 6.8.5, we have added a feature to automatically exchange LINE Points for LINE Coins when purchasing stickers or themes. For this reason, you are no longer able to manually exchange Points for Coins by going to Use from the LINE Points menu.
The amount of Coins you see on the item purchase screen is determined as follows:
Your Coin balance = the Coins you purchased + the amount of Coins that can be exchanged from your current Point balance.
If you are able to purchase an item using the Coins you charged, Points will not be exchanged.
From LINE, go to More > LINE Points to view an event's details page. If you fulfill the conditions for each event, you can earn LINE Points.
Please note in order to earn LINE Points, you need to register your phone number beforehand. If you have not registered your phone number, please do so from the link below.
To participate in a LINE Points promotion, a phone number must be registered to your LINE account. Promotions won't be displayed if your account is only verified with Facebook.
Please follow the steps below to register a phone number to your account.
1. Go to the Friends or More tab and tap Settings.
2. Tap Account.
3. Tap Phone number.
4. Enter your phone number, then tap Verify phone number or Next.
5. Enter the verification code in the text message you received.
Note: On some Android devices, the verification code sent to you via text message will be entered automatically.
First, please check the conditions to earn LINE Points on the details page for each event. If you did not receive points despite fulfilling the conditions and after waiting for 24 hours, the following cases may be possible.
App installation type events
- You have previously installed the relevant app in the past.
- You did not start the app within 24 hours after installing it.
- You did not return to the event's details page within 24 hours after starting the app.
Mission type events
- You have previously applied for an item or service for an event with the same details in the past.
- You changed browsers halfway through participating in an event.
- You have set your browser to block cookies.
- The maximum amount of points to be issued for an event has been reached.
If you tap the menu icon at the top of the screen > LINE Points History > Earned and see a Pending status, it means the points you earned are delayed. In this case, please wait for some time to pass for the points to be issued to you and check once again.
If the issue persists even after checking the above, please contact us via the Inquiry Form.
Promotions managed by third parties are published in the LINE Points page.
If you were not issued points, please contact the promoter from the inquiry page indicated in the promotion's details page. Please understand that you may not be able to participate in some third party promotions depending on your region.
Limited-time Points are available only for a certain period of time, and are scheduled to expire on a pre-determined date. Their expiration date cannot be extended by acquiring more Points.
Note: The expiration date for limited-time Points differs depending on the promotion.
When you use Points to make a purchase, they will be used in the following order:
• Points with the nearest expiration date will be used first, regardless of whether they are standard or limited-time Points.
• If you have both standard and limited-time Points with the same expiration date, the standard Points will be used first.
Note: Limited-time Points are only for use in Taiwan.