The Boost feature lets you reach more users by setting your preferred audience, duration, and budget for your posts.
To configure your settings and request a boost:
1. On the LINE VOOM tab, select Boost under an image or video you posted.
2. Specify the landing page and choose Next.
3. Select Create audience.
Note: To use an existing audience, choose that audience.
4. Enter an audience name, choose the gender, age, regions, and interests you want to target, then select Save.
5. Select Next.
6. Configure the audience, boost duration, daily budget, and payment method.
7. Agree to the Terms and Conditions of Use and submit your request.
- You can only apply to boost posts that include an image or a video.
- Once you've submitted a boost request, you cannot edit the content of your post.
The boost of your post will begin once your request has passed a review.
Most boost reviews are completed within 3 business days at the latest. However, since reviews may take longer in some cases, you cannot set a start date for your boost.
Note: You can choose an end date for your boost.
Your boost request may be rejected if the post you want to boost is determined to be inappropriate. This determination is made based on the LINE and LINE Official Account Terms and Conditions of Use.
Please understand that we are unable to tell you the specific reason why your request was rejected.
You can check the reach (estimated), impressions, click rate, and how much of your budget was spent for a post that was deleted after its boost began.
The results for boosted posts are updated every ten minutes.
For information on how to check the insight for boosted posts, see this Help article.
You can specify the target audience of a boost manually or automatically.
Note: The Auto setting can only be used if your account has 100 or more friends.
See below for details about each audience setting.
Automatically target users who are similar to the users that have added your account as a friend.
Note: This setting excludes users that have already added your account as a friend.
Manually specify the gender, ages, locations, and interests of your audience.
For more information on configuring your boost settings, see this Help article.
You can set a daily budget for your boosts.
If a boost will last for more than one day, its budget will be the total of the daily amounts that you set for the Boost duration (from the boost approval date until its end date). The amount you spend will not exceed the total of the daily amounts that you set.
Below are the minimum and maximum boost budgets.
Per boost (daily budget × duration)
• Minimum budget: JPY 10,000
• Maximum budget: JPY 200,000
Per account (monthly amount)
• Maximum budget: JPY 200,000
Ongoing boosts may be stopped if the maximum budget is exceeded.
You cannot set a boost budget that exceeds the monthly maximum of JPY 200,000. For example, you cannot set a boost with a daily budget of JPY 50,000 for a duration of five days because the total budget would be JPY 250,000.
Your boost may be stopped if:
• Its budget limit (JPY 200,000 a month) has been reached.
• The boosted post is reported by a user, or the post is deleted because its contents are determined to violate the LINE Terms and Conditions of Use.
• Its target audience is set to Automatic and your account no longer has at least 100 friends.
If the reach of your boost is low, the biggest factor will be your target audience settings. Please be sure to:
• Avoid complex targeting.
• Target users that are similar to your followers.
• Manually set and target the broadest audience possible.
You'll be charged for boosts on the 10th of the following month using the payment method information registered to your official account.
To check your payment history, open LINE Official Account Manager for web browsers and select Settings > Activity and billing > Billing history.